This job has expired. Click here to see new and active jobs like this one.
Jobs on CareerMine expire for many reasons. Either the employer has requested the advanced expiration of the job (as the vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job ad has expired after its normal running-time of 60 days within the CareerMine system. While there is the possibility that the vacancy may still be active, it is most likely that it has been filled or cancelled; otherwise it would be on CareerMine still.
It is strongly advised that you do not contact the company or advertising agency regarding this, or any other expired role, for the purposes of gaining employment with that company. Companies often impose strict penalties on job seekers who go outside of the established channels, to contact the employer regarding vacancies. (Employers have also made it clear in the past, that sourcing expired jobs and contacting them regarding their status, is one of these non-established routes.)
CareerMine Job Id: 782102Job Summary
||Senior Consultant - Sediment Remediation
||Employer Job Id:
||Mount Laurel, NJ
||July 16, 2013
||Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
||September 16, 2013
Senior Consultant - Sediment Remediation
- Founded in Canada in 1960, [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our over 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- [Company] in the U.S. is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first U.S. office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions.
- [Company] . is currently seeking an experienced Senior Consultant - Sediment Remediation for the Mt. Laurel, NJ office with a broad background in contaminated sediment and surface water remediation under USEPA and state regulatory programs. The successful applicant will serve as a key member of the senior team and will provide a strategic role in the acquisition and management of a wide variety of environmental projects for our clients, who are private companies, many in the Fortune 500. The ideal candidate will have both sound technical and business development skills.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Working directly with clients to understand and meet expectations, leverage relationships with existing clients to expand our service offerings, while continuing to grow new, productive relationships;
- Specializing in sediment and surface water strategy development, including consideration of various remedial processes including sediment removal, sediment capping, monitored natural recovery, and in-situ treatment;
- Serving as project manager for remedial investigations, risk assessments, feasibility studies, remedial design, and remedial action oversight with an emphasis on contaminated sediments;
- Being well-versed in water quality and sediment regulations and guidance;
- Maintaining strong working relationships, including negotiation, with national regulatory agencies such as US Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), US Army Corps of Engineers (USCOE), US Fish and Wildlife Service (US FWS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and others; (Experience with Natural Resources Damages [NRD] preferred.)
- Maintaining strong working relationships with state regulatory agencies;
- Building a significant practice focused on contaminated sediments.
- The most highly qualified candidates will have an established environmental consulting practice, strong professional/client relationships, extensive project/client management experience, and the ability to assemble responsive teams for multi-disciplinary environmental projects for US and international clients.
Qualifications/Requirements of this position include:
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree (higher degree preferred) in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related field;
- At least 15 years’ experience in managing and completing environmental services work in a variety of business sectors, with at least 10 years’ experience directly related to contaminated sediment remediation projects;
- Experience with a wide variety of sediment, surface water, and related biota investigation and monitoring methods;
- Successful leadership experience in a team working environment, in addition to client and business development in the consulting business;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work productively and independently on multiple projects under strict deadlines;
- The desire to work with and mentor junior staff (experience with managing, training, and mentoring junior staff is preferred);
- Current OSHA 40-hour “HAZWOPER” training certification with annual 8-hr refreshers;
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills;
- Professional registration.
You are in the
CareerMine Daily Salary Snippet
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey