This job has expired. Click here to see new and active jobs like this one.
Jobs on CareerMine expire for many reasons. Either the employer has requested the advanced expiration of the job (as the vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job ad has expired after its normal running-time of 60 days within the CareerMine system. While there is the possibility that the vacancy may still be active, it is most likely that it has been filled or cancelled; otherwise it would be on CareerMine still.
It is strongly advised that you do not contact the company or advertising agency regarding this, or any other expired role, for the purposes of gaining employment with that company. Companies often impose strict penalties on job seekers who go outside of the established channels, to contact the employer regarding vacancies. (Employers have also made it clear in the past, that sourcing expired jobs and contacting them regarding their status, is one of these non-established routes.)
CareerMine Job Id: 786881Job Summary
||Entry Level Geologist
||Employer Job Id:
||July 11, 2012
||Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
||September 9, 2012
Entry Level Geologist
- Founded in Canada in 1960, [Company] is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 7,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The[Company] . team is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of more than 40 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
- [Company] . currently seeks an entry level Geologist for our Irvine, California office. The successful applicant will work at the direction of senior geologists and engineers on a variety of field-oriented geological and geotechnical engineering projects in mine engineering, foundation engineering and development of urban infrastructure. Field investigations will support projects for clients in mining, transportation, land development, and solid waste. This position will require the ability to travel, often at short notice, throughout North America and occasionally overseas. During busy periods, travel may comprise from 50-70% of the Candidates work schedule.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan field investigations for geotechnical projects under specific work instructions, including scheduling field work and Health and Safety assessments in compliance with [Company] policies
- Perform the field investigations that will include geotechnical drilling and sampling, visual field reconnaissance, and soil and rock logging
- Characterize soils and rock based on field investigations and laboratory tests to support geotechnical analysis and design for major excavation and construction projects
- Prepare of geotechnical boring and test pit logs
- Prepare, analyze and interpret geological and engineering geological data, including engineering and structural geological calculations
- Provide office and field support for fault activity and earthquake hazard assessments in U.S. and for international projects
- Perform construction observation field tests under senior direction. This work includes observation and documentation of geotechnical construction activities, performing in-situ density tests of engineered fill, and observation and testing of other geotechnical construction
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports, including writing sections of reports, preparing figures and tables, and working with drafting and reproduction staff to produce final reports under senior direction
- Perform other geological and engineering activities as directed
- Appropriate on-the-job training will be provided.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in geology, engineering geology, geological engineering or similar earth science qualification with 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
- Willingness to work toward California Professional Geologist (PG), Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG) and/or California Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The willingness and ability to travel and work in variable field locations. Travel within the United States and other parts of North America will be necessary for many field assignments. International travel can also be expected
- Ability to work independently to solve difficult and unusual geologic and/or engineering problems
- Initiative to understand the purpose of individual tasks and how they relate to overall project objectives
- A professional appearance and excellent teamwork skills;
- Competence in MS Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for presentation of written work
- Ability to manage subcontractor activities
- A valid US driver's license.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or GIS software is an advantage.
You are in the
CareerMine Daily Salary Snippet
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey